Clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles.
Clear Aligners in Arvada, CO
If you’ve been longing for straighter teeth, then it’s time to ask about SureSmile® in Arvada, CO.
Clear aligners, like SureSmile® are effective and discreet orthodontic treatment options that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing. Clear aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With clear aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes anywhere from 6 months to two years. Call us today at Winter Dental to see if SureSmile® is right for you.
How does the SureSmile® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, digital scans of your teeth, and x-rays. Those records are sent to SureSmile® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. SureSmile® will use the images from the digital scanner to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist’s office. SureSmile® aligners are designed to wear 12 months.
SureSmile® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between SureSmile® aligners and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of clear aligners to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. SureSmile® aligners use clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. SureSmile® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. SureSmile® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. SureSmile® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. SureSmile® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does SureSmile® cost?
The cost of this treatment is similar to the cost of metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover SureSmile® aligners the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover SureSmile® aligners for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length/complexity of treatment. With SureSmile®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.
Who can use clear aligners?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use clear aligners. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. SureSmile® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with SureSmile®.
If you have more questions about SureSmile® or other orthodontic procedures, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss further.